Dr. Hardel serves as a Consultant, Coach, Workshop Facilitator, Conference Speaker, or Retreat Leader.
For more information on each service, including any fees associated, please continue reading below.
For: Lay Professionals, Pastors, Church Councils, and Ministry Teams.
- To help an individual identify her strengths, learn to spend 80% of time working from strengths and with people and events that energize her, and learn to manage her weaknesses. Spend 20% or less of her time with people and events that drain her energy.
- To help Church Councils clearly understand the vision or purpose of the congregation, to communicate that vision to the members of the congregation, and to provide strong spiritual leadership so that all the ministries flow from a common vision.
- To strengthen and equip leaders of the congregation to practice spiritual disciplines, grow in faith, and provide spiritual leadership in home, congregation, and community.
- To introduce and implement living well in Christ and faith formation ministry in a congregation.
- To help a congregation make a transition to a new level of ministry—an incarnational community.
Contact Dr. Hardel via email to establish a phone conversation date and time. The conversation time is to establish the details of the contract: who will be coached, what are the desired outcomes for this contract, the time frame of the coaching, the dates and schedule for the onsite visit, and the costs. firstname.lastname@example.org
The contract can be established for one year, six months, three months, or one month. It depends on the desired outcomes established.
Style of Coaching Conversation
Usually the coaching conversation is done via phone or video chat (iChat or Skype can do video and/or audio at no expense for the call). The person coached is responsible to send an agenda for the coaching conversation to the coach at least one week before the scheduled coaching conversation. Following the coaching conversation, the coach will write and send a summary of the coaching conversation to the person being coached. A yearly contract also includes an onsite visit for a day or two. The congregation or person being coached is responsible for the travel expenses, lodging, and meals during the onsite visit. Most onsite visits will be done during the week.
Each contract will be negotiated to establish the fee according to the length of coaching time and desired outcomes. The cost of the coaching contract will be negotiated to fit within the budget of the congregation or organization and be fair to the coach.
For: Senior Pastors, Supervising Pastors and professional staff, ministry area directors, denominational judicatories, vision teams, search teams, and presidents of congregations.
- Assess the health of the congregation
- Assess the strengths, weaknesses, and threat of the congregation
- Evaluate the leadership of a congregation
- Develop a strategy for growth and wellness and make suggestions of possible next steps.
- Develop a strategy to move from vision to action and from problems to possibilities
Email or call Dr. Hardel to establish a phone conversation to discuss the need for consultation and the desired outcomes. From that conversation a contract will be developed.
The consultant will visit the congregation or diocese (synod, district, presbytery, etc. and meet with the person establishing the consultation contract. The consultant will use assessment tools and/or interview various people on staff (lay professional or volunteer as well as clergy) to gain understanding of the family system, health, and vibrancy of ministry. This visit will normally be two days. After the visit the consultant will write a summary of what was learned and possible next steps for growth in wellness and ministry of the congregation. The consultant will send the summary to the contact person and via phone or video chat (iChat or
Skype) go over the assessment, the areas of learning, and suggested steps for further positive growth and wellness.
The fee for each contract will be negotiated with Dr. Hardel according to the length of visit, desired outcomes, and strengths of the congregation. The fee negotiate will to fit the budget of the congregation or organization and be fair to the consultant, plus travel, lodging, and meal expenses.
Retreats, Seminars, Workshops, Keynote Speaker
Dr. Hardel’s areas of expertise would be in faith formation, youth & family ministry, living well in Christ, Congregational Leadership moving from vision to action, and Clown Ministry Process: Email or call Dr. Hardel to establish a phone conversation to discuss the needs for a specific retreat or seminar and the desired outcomes. From that conversation a contract will be developed.
The fee for each contract will be negotiated according to the length of visit, desired outcomes, and strengths of the congregation. The fee negotiated will best fit within the budget of the congregation or organization and be fair to the facilitator or seminar leader. The fee will include travel, lodging, and meal expenses.